Simas history starts back in 1946 when Orlando Gadelha Simas, 30 years old then, born in São José do Campestre and living in Natal since 1931 in a comercial neighborhood, buys a candy industry in the country city Ceará Mirim/RN and transfers it to the state capital where he lived.
With the growth of the factory, it went through its first relocation been situated in 228 saneamento stree, still at Ribeira neighborhood, with new investments in facilities and acquisition of machines from england and germany.
The year of 1960 is a mark in Simas' history as the start of production modernization making possible to attend the northern and northeasterns states. 8 years later Simas moves in to a new location doubleling the production capacity.
Cherry Pop Lollipop became market leader. This year the industry moved for an industrial center at macaiba with an area of 100.000m where it works until today. Beyond the modern facilities and production growth, the new project also focused on the improvement of sanitary order and environmental appeals.
In 2015 Simas in its new house succeeded to obtain the BRC certification level “A”, warranting the safety and quality at a international level. 2 years later the historical mark of using 1200 bags of sugar daily a number 60 times greater than when the production first started.